Monday, October 18, 2010

Square 1

Before I begin this blog, I ought to provide some background information about me.  I am a college student pursuing a degree in Mechanical Engineering at Brigham Young University. Yes, I'm also a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  I served my mission in Portland, Oregon, and got back this past April.
If I had to choose the best part of today it would be the amazing professors at BYU.  I'd decided I wanted to be more involved in the happenings in the Mechanical Engineering Department, and so I went to talk with some of the professors during their office hours.  Not only did they give me very handy information, but they were not at all perturbed at my uninvited visit, or my questions.  In the New Testament, we're told that we "see through a glass darkly."  I think that our futures are sometimes that same way.  We don't know exactly where our lives are headed or the specifics of the coming months.  This feeling can be kind of daunting, and make us feel somewhat apprehensive.  Those short conversations today were wonderful because they made my "glass" a little clearer.

No comments:

Post a Comment